SAChE Certificate Program:
Safety in the Chemical Process Industries
Course Number: ELA901
Course Description: This video series entitled "Safety in the Chemical Process Industries" presents a strong introduction to the application of chemical process safety technology in an actual chemical facility. The video series is divided in roughly 30 minute segments . Topics include:
- concept of corporate safety programs
- laboratory safety inspections
- personal protective equipment
- process area safety features and procedures
- DIERS methods for characterizing runaway reactions
- equipment and methods to characterize flammable dusts and vapors
- informal and formal safety reviews
Type of Course: Self-paced, on-demand.
Length of Course: 4 hours
Professional Development Hours Awarded: 4
Your Instructor: Dan Crowl
- AIChE Undergraduate Members: $0
- AIChE Members, Graduate Student Members, and Employees of CCPS* Member Companies: $99
- Non-Members: $129 (Membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.)
To receive the CCPS Member discount, contact email@example.com
for a ‘promo code’ to use when registering.
An AIChE.org User ID is required to register for this course. If you have an AIChE User ID, please use it to login when prompted. If you have forgotten your user name or password, please click here to retrieve it.
If you dont have an AIChE User ID, you will be prompted to create one when registering for the course. After registering, please return to this site and login using the account you created to gain access to course materials.
If you already registered for this course in the past, you will find it in your My Courses page.