SAChE Certificate Program:
Course Number: ELA903
Course Description: Topics focus on the detection, prevention and mitigation of risks including:
- Screening Analysis Techniques
- Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOPS)
- Checklist Reviews
- Fault Tree and Event Tree Analysis
- Preliminary Hazards Analysis
- Chemical Plume and Dispersion Analysis
- Safety Audit
- Explosion and Fire Analysis
- What-if Analysis
- Assessment of Health Effects
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Quantified Risk Assessment
Type of Course: Self-paced, on-demand.
Length of Course: 4 hours
What You’ll Learn: The course material prepares students to develop the information needed in plant design in a senior-level design course (e.g., a HAZOP on a process flow diagram) or provides background to topics discussed in a process safety course. This product was also designed for practicing engineers or chemists who will be involved with risk analyses. The course material emphasizes how the methods for risk assessment, management, and reduction are related and function together.
Professional Development Hours Awarded:
Your Instructor: Ralph W. Pike
- AIChE Undergraduate Members: $0
- AIChE Members, Graduate Student Members, and Employees of CCPS* Member Companies: $99
- Non-Members: $129 (Membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.)
To receive the CCPS Member discount, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for a ‘promo code’ to use when registering.
An AIChE.org User ID is required to register for this course. If you have an AIChE User ID, please use it to login when prompted. If you have forgotten your user name or password, please click here to retrieve it.
If you dont have an AIChE User ID, you will be prompted to create one when registering for the course. After registering, please return to this site and login using the account you created to gain access to course materials.
If you already registered for this course in the past, you will find it in your My Courses page.