SAChE Certificate Program:
Chemical Reactivity Hazards
Course Number: ELA904
Course Description: Chemical Reactivity Hazards is a web-based SAChE module that shows how uncontrolled chemical reactions can lead to serious harm. Key concepts for avoiding unintended reactions and controlling intended reactions are discussed including:
- Three major incidents that show the potential consequences of uncontrolled reactions,
- How chemical reactions get out of control, including consideration of reaction path, heat generation and removal, and people/property/environmental response,
- Data and lab testing resources used to identify reactivity hazards,
- Four approaches to making a facility inherently safer with respect to chemical reactivity hazards, and
- Strategies for designing facilities both to prevent and to mitigate uncontrolled chemical reactions.
Type of Course: Self-paced, on-demand.
Length of Course: 4 hours
What You’ll Learn: An overview of the basic understanding of chemical reactivity hazards; supplemented with selected issues of the Process Safety Beacon from the SAChE archive.
Professional Development Hours Awarded: 4
Your Instructor: Robert Johnson
- AIChE Undergraduate Members: $0
- AIChE Members, Graduate Student Members, and Employees of CCPS* Member Companies: $99
- Non-Members: $129 (Membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.)
To receive the CCPS Member discount, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for a ‘promo code’ to use when registering.
An AIChE.org User ID is required to register for this course. If you have an AIChE User ID, please use it to login when prompted. If you have forgotten your user name or password, please click here to retrieve it.
If you dont have an AIChE User ID, you will be prompted to create one when registering for the course. After registering, please return to this site and login using the account you created to gain access to course materials.
If you already registered for this course in the past, you will find it in your My Courses page.